Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Jetlag, jetlag........."

Finally have a chance to sit down and write something! I've arrived in Plantation, Florida and now in my room in Crowne Plaza Sawgrass. Thankfully it came with internet access!

Overall the flight was smooth from Penang to Hong Kong. I *nearly* missed my flight to LA coz I was having a bad case of stomach upset! :-S Some emergency running and hopping prevented that though ;)

The 13.5 hours flight from HK to LA was ok too. I managed to finally watch Kung Fu Dunk on board (superb movie!!) and listen to a lot of Carpenters songs :) Buuut.... I had a hugely hard time getting some sleep. I think I managed to get 2 hours only.

The Immigration Officer at LA was nice. She gave me a 3 month stamp but warned me not to abuse my US Visa here by overstaying! No going out of US and coming back immediately too.
All that went very smoothly.

I have another 12-13 hours before the next flight. Using the map I printed out, I hopped on to the LA Metro (their LRT) and headed for Hollywood!



.... which was....



... disappointing actually. It sure looked better on TV!


In the Walk of Stars, I found the stars of Jackie Chan, Michael Jackson, Britney(!) etc among others, but couldn't find Bruce Lee :(
I would have spent more time there, but I was getting dizzy and fatigued from the lack of sleep. I basically had only 2 hours of sleep over 24!

Although seriously tired, I headed for my other destination: Downtown LA!
I only managed to get around the Financial District before giving up (struggling to even walk straight). So I went back to LA Internationl Airport a.k.a. LAX and spent the remainding 6 hours loitering around, sleeping on chairs..........................

The flight from LAX to Dallas to Fort Lauderdale, Florida went smoothly.... but someone somewhere forgot to forward my luggage to Florida!!! Argghhh............. Currently the airline has located my poor luggage and is forwarding it here... Aiiii.................

That's why this post has no pics.... my camera USB cable is in the luggage! Haha... damn....

Rite now I'm trying to adapt to the time in Plantation..... Clock all screwed up already. Good thing is Plantation is exactly 12 hours later than M'sia, so if it's 12 PM there, I'm 12AM here.

Ok, signing off for now. Lets hope luggage finds its way here................:-S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like one hell of an adventure...enjoy the moment bro...

The Jackal

Leopard said...

Dude, it is hell! Let me tell u the next part... :S