Saturday, May 10, 2008

"Hong Kong to Los Angeles"

The flight from Penang to HK was a breeze, but this time, it's gonna take awhile... a looong while... 13+ hours!

DSC05199
DSC05203
Leaving HK...

To keep the passengers occupied, there's always food to look forward to
DSC05214
Like this meat+salad thing, which I didn't like... :-S
DSC05233
This muffin is superb though!
DSC05235
Fruits...
DSC05223
Main Dish, which is Mui Choy Kao Yuk (cantonese)... pretty nice, but a little too much meat.

I didnt' finish most of the dishes... One problem is due to the very heavy feeling of



NO HEART...



yeah......... lets drown out the sorrow with

DSC05219

"Any drinks, sir?"
Champagne.
"More champagne for you, sir?"
Yes.
"Would you like more champagne?"
Of course.


DSC05230
and listening to Carpenters to pass the time.... "It's yesterday once more.........."

Usually we need to get some sleep here to adapt to the time in LA, but I tried a few times also cannot sleep...:( So, watch movie la.... There's a whole lot of movies to choose from. I picked Jay Chou's Kung Fu Dunk, which I heard was pretty good. Dude, the action mix with the soundtrack is superb!

I think finally I managed to doze off after finishing the movie. A short 2 hours later, sunlight seems to blaze into the airplane. We're almost there!

DSC05238
as you can see from this menu. Pretty stewardess, eh? In fact, the one in the plane is even better! :D Yeah, that's why it's very recommended to fly Cathay Pacific!:P

Ok, one more meal (considered as breakfast) and I choose some Dim Sum.
DSC05237
It's ok, and this time I make sure I finish my meal coz there will be a long wait in LA!

Oh ya.. show you the unique seats in this plane!
DSC05257
Each unit is independent!
DSC05256
and you can lie down flat 180 degrees to sleep!

Almost there. Crossing through a desert before...
DSC05246
we see the sprawling expanse of LA!
DSC05251
This makes a good shot at night... It will look like Coruscant!

As we touch down, I remember the previous time I was here and the bad experiences with the Immigration Dept. Sigh, here we go again........


Next: The 13 hour wait!

1 comment:

Supergirlfriend said...

this time also only the choc muffin looks nice... :p