Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"The Long Wait - Part 3: To Florida!"

Back in LAX, 6 hours more to wait... the next flights are from LAX to Dallas to Fort Lauderdale.

DSC05390
DSC05391
I never thought I'd be so happy to see a familiar face :)

I went to grab a McD for dinner and then try to find a nice isolated chair to sleep.................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


One hour and a neck pain later..... I woke up... man, jz 8PM. The flight is 12midnight........ aiiii....walked around the airport, duty-free shops, and bookstores.

DSC05393
By 10PM, alot of chairs were empty as the last flights departed. The place seemed even lonelier....

Eventually the next plane arrived! :D But no more glamour flights (ala Cathay). This time it's American Airlines. First class some more. Err.. then why not glamour?? First class wor!

Shit, their "First class" is for this kind of plane:
DSC05395
:S:S:S

Anyway, it doesn't really matter as I continued my sleep on board...

After 2+ hours, reached Dallas, Texas airport... wow, this is one hi-tech airport! There's an extensive SkyLink system that links the massive airport terminals!

DSC05397
DSC05402
Like above... superb... Actually our KLIA is also like that, pretty cool.....

The next flight finally brings me from Dallas to Fort Lauderdale....
DSC05409
DSC05412
makan lagi... this one sucks... blehh..

After another 2+ hours, finally reached Fort Lauderdale....
DSC05415
These people are spoilt... look at the design of their houses!
DSC05417
And touchdown!

Then there's the story about my missing luggage etc... sigh.. whatever it is, I grabbed a car from AVIS:

DSC05449
DSC05447
It's a Dodge Caliber! Which..... there's another story for another entry!