Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Silly mistake"

Just now I was at Popular to buy two books, costing RM84 and RM66 respectively. I had 2 RM10 gift vouchers and Wife had the Popular member card which allows 10% discount. Went to pay at the counter, but was told that if I use the voucher, I'm not entitled for the 10% discount. Oh-uh. The bookstore was freezing cold and we didn't have lunch yet. The queue was also building up behind us. Dizzy and tired from reading and walking, I thought "Hmm..ok, the voucher expires this year, so lets use that."

As I was walking back to the car, there was just a nagging feeling that something wasn't right. I sat there, calming myself down. What was wrong? Have you figured it out? :D

If I had used the voucher on the cheaper book, and used the member card discount on the RM84 book, I would have been able to utilize BOTH the card and voucher. And I would've saved RM8.40. OMG... What a silly mistake........

Lesson learnt: NEVER make decisions in a hurry or when you are too tired to think :(

No comments: