Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Should I have spoken out?"

Some time back, I saw someone posted in a forum, wanting to sell his Macross VF-1A Hikaru custom. He threw in a display stand and put the price as RM400. It was a fairly good price...unless you knew that this VF-1A release had a big problem, which was the fragile shoulder hinge.

On my VF-1A, the shoulder hinge had hairline fractures already and it would only be a matter of time before it broke. When I saw this person trying to sell his off for cheap, I wanted to reply, "FYI, this is the version that has the shoulder hinge problem". But I hesitated.

A few days ago, I read the forum again; someone had already bought the VF-1A from this guy and reported that the shoulder had cracks. And he isn't able to contact the seller. On surface, it does seem like the seller knew about this problem and wanted to sell it off quickly and cheaply (or maybe not).. but damn... I really felt guilty that I didn't choose to speak up then.

What would you have done?

No comments: