Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"Worth the pain!"

This month's team-building was a 3-in-1 combo!

1) Ice-cream at Baskin Robbins :)

logo_baskinrobbins

Yummy... I took a double scoop... regular size. Came up to about RM12.80!! :P But tauke belanja ... cannot paiseh-2 rite? ;)

2) Movie: Ratatouille!

ratatouille-poster
ratatouille
ratatouilleCrep

Heard a lot about this cartoon. Turns out, it's really worth all the good reviews :) Very nice animation and easy going story. Anyone know who voiced Mr Ego? He sounds awfully familiar................

3) Inline skating!! :-O

Hoho.. it finally came down to this. Inline roller skating. OMG, who in their right minds would want to stand on these??

mskts_aero09
At that time, can see many school kids, zipping in the arena like little flies... and then appeared this group of 'old men', some wearing Motorola uniform... (trust me, I'm not that old, but standing beside 15 year-olds can do that to you!). Some of us know how to skate. Some are pretty good (complete with member cards). The rest are 1st timers! Holee crap.


Being me, I was like... act cool, jaga imej, make sure dun fall... After 1/2 hour, I was absolutely going nowhere :-S... Some of the guys gave us pointers... How to move ur legs, balance on 1 leg, move forward, dun lift ur leg so high, coordinate ur left leg...


Still going nowhere. I was balancing myself pretty well (Jedi training ;-) ). But I was afraid. Afraid to fall. It's like learning how to ride a freakin bicycle all over again! But anyone who (successfully) rode on a bicycle knows 1 painful fact. You *WILL* fall.


Ok, tats it. Mandi biarlah basah! Let go... loosen up that stiff body... dun try too hard....


jz .....


enjoy it..........................................


I lost count how many times I fell down. My butt hurt, I cut my legs, my wrists injured.. but finally I made it! I was skating!!

ist2_2411748_in_line_skating_hipster_mchipster143
OMG, that feeling.... zipping forward... the rush of the air (?).... its so damn GREAT! Jatuh pun jatuh la... just pick urself up and go again! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

800px-Inline_skate_wheels

Definitely worth the pain! So, Happy Skating guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skating in Queensbay? I went there last Sunday but didn't skate. Instead encountered with a group of teenagers fighting using baseball bats from afar :D

Sharon said...

wah syok nya!

Leopard said...

Benn,
I didn't see those baseball teens, but I feel like I have been beaten up with a baseball bat! :D

Sharon,
Yup syok, except for the blue-black legs :P