Sunday, April 20, 2008

"IB's Farewell"

I received this pic a week or two back... taken on my team mate IB's farewell lunch on Mar 28 @ Nando's QB...

Sitting clockwise (from bottom left): KH, IB, Adrian, SA, Yasz, BL, BL's gf, Raymond, Leopard. Standing: Doris, Goon.

IB's leaving to work in Singapore... the reason I posted this is that I noticed a disturbing trend in the team. No, not of ppl leaving but of bosses not informing team mates that ppl are leaving. Yeah. One day you see him. Next day he's gone. Of coz, among ourselves, we already know...

Why does this happen? Is it plain forgetfulness? Or perhaps it is a taboo that we should not speak about those wanting to leave? Do you think it is a necessity for the boss to inform the others? The prerogative is reserved for the bosses naturally, but I'm more towards a 'yes'.

We work together, we laugh together, we cry together. It all comes in a package, doesn't it?

No comments: