Saturday, May 22, 2010

"The Wedding Part 2: The Morning Session (I)!"

It was close to 1AM after cleaning up the tables and stuff for the open house. Before they left, kept reminding the guys, "8AM tomorrow ya". Gave a call to Gf before sleeping. "Umm.. so what should I do tomorrow again?" For the 1000th time, she had to describe what to expect tomorrow, like who I should give ang pow to, the schedule to follow, etc etc". Well, you just *know* that it's gonna turn out to be a mess! Lie down on the bed, tried to get some sleep but before long, the alarm rang. It was already 6AM.

The house was a hive of activity and to my surprise, the gang actually came at 8AM sharp! Told them not ready yet, so they went for breakfast :P Some of my relatives also arrived early. I think I must've had some kind of mental block that morning because everything was in a mess: "What should I do, what should I do?" Thankfully there's ... Super Sab! A figure of authority, she brought calm to everyone, helping to organize the gang, coordinating the convoy, deciding the route.

DSC_0003 (Small)

The Car and Driver arrived early as well. All-white is the theme today :D Mom was also like a busy bee and she still managed to help me blow my hair :) Then after gobbling down a quick breakfast, it was time to put on the suit.

DSC_0004 (Small)
DSC_0005 (Small)
DSC_0006 (Small)

I wasn't aware that everyone was actually outside my room looking at me all the while, so I was totally caught by surprise as I turned to leave the room and saw everyone suddenly clapping and cheering! I was so happy+surprised+touched that I was close to tears :)

DSC_0007 (Small)

SG giving me a bearhug!

DSC_0008 (Small)

There was another pin-up flower and we didn't know what to do with it :P "Put it on me? Sure?" SG looking puzzled.. hahaha

DSC_0011 (Small)

"Dad, I'm going off to get married!"

DSC_0012 (Small)

Armed with a bouquet of flowers...

IMG_7588 (Small)

Super Sab in action, coordinating with the cameraman (black shirt), videoman (brown shirt) and drivers on the route to go to Gf's house. Videoman had some instructions for us while on the road. He wanted to capture the pics of the convoy travelling!

IMG_7589 (Small)

Me looking blur.. Guy with pink tie is my cousin's husband and driver for the day. The car belongs to my uncle :)

DSC_0014 (Small)

Alright gang, one for the camera! Flanked by Best Man SG and Better Man Anand :D

DSC_0015 (Small)

Waving goodluck and off we go!

Next: The Morning Session (II)!

(Haha.. I just had to start writing this post, otherwise drag on and on.. so better write little by little, so can finish eventually!)

No comments: