Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Chit-chat"

What a long and stressful week. This morning it was raining non stop, causing massive jams everywhere. The coastal highway was flooded, making it worse. I left home at 9AM, reached office at 9.50AM, and still the Modo carpark was rather empty. A lot of people were late for work. What a day, huh..

Work has been stressful lately, and I've only been getting a couple of hours sleep everyday. Like yesterday, I slept at 12.30AM, woke up at 5.30AM. Gosh, I feel really 'steam'.... Well, this usually happens when there's something bothering me. Especially like right now, I'm always thinking how to solve the problem (at work). I enjoy this feeling sometimes. It keeps me alert and focused.

"How's the wedding preparation?" is a question I get pretty often these days. Well, nothing much has changed since the registration day :P Gf is stressed out at the Institut Perguruan, overloaded with assignments. I guess one of the upcoming holidays we'll probably get back to Melaka to take the bridal pics. Whatever... :P

Yeah, I haven't gone back to Melaka since Feb. The only part that sucks with staying alone, is eating alone. Other than that, I'm pretty ok. The house is quiet, that's for sure, since my bro also no longer stays here. But I get the whole place to myself ;) So what to do everyday? Practice meditation! See what's going on inside your head. You'll be surprised to see how much chatter actually goes up there.

Gf's sister ask whether I would like to go for a 10-day meditation retreat in Pahang. I'm still considering. I heard about this place some time ago, but kind of hesitate to go. 10 days is a long time and the schedule is very punishing: wake up at 4AM, meditate (with breaks, meals and lectures) till lights off at 9.30PM.

Ok, that's it for now. I have some backlog items which I have been waiting to get the time to post. Till next time!

No comments: