Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Whoa......."

Finally get a chance to sit down and put up a post. Came back to Penang on Sunday nite. Back to work. Back to more action. And what an action-packed Monday and Tuesday! Mr Bob Epsom, Senior VP of Motorola was in town and I had a demo to show him!


Monday was a totally frantic day: getting the demo organized, everything had to be perfect (which you can tell it wasn't; otherwise it wouldn't be frantic!). Monday nite was sleepless. The presentation slides were ready, but barely had time to do a rehearsal.

Tuesday was even more nerve-wrecking. Did several rounds of mental rehearsals. Had to time myself well. Had to coordinate the demo well. Had to impress! OMG, the strain was terrible. All for a 15 minutes demo! Was practically shivering during the presentations before mine.

My turn! It's all like a dream now. I remember going blank a few times. I remember Syazani and Yasz playing out their part. I remember the demo screwed up for a milisecond. I remember Bob asking several questions. And I *definitely* remember....



Bob started clapping his hands,"Good job!" The rest followed. Everyone was smiling.


Whoa! I didn't know what to say. Speechless. I just bowed and mumbled, "Umm.. thank you".

It took 2 hours for my nerves to calm. What an experience!

No comments: