Saturday, March 10, 2007

"You are free to go"

Yesterday, suddenly the boss came and told me, "You can start moving your things over to ATG. I will complete the paperwork soon".
..............

I was
speechless...

..............

Still
speechless...

Then started to think. What happened? Coz my transfer has been on and off for several months until I didn't think it would happen... and now suddenly they are saying that I can go?

Am I happy then? I'm not sure myself. Right now, a bit sad lah.... :(

I admit that I have a fear of change. We all know change is inevitable. It's like what Anakin said to his mom, Shmi, in
"But I don't want things to change."

To which his mother replied, "Oh, but you can't stop the change, anymore than you can stop the suns from setting."

How true! Some people take change in their stride, some people take a little longer to adapt. I *will* definitely be needing some time to get used to it! New place, new people, new tasks. Just have to remember that I *need* to move out of this comfort zone to save what's left of my stagnant career........

But just as Anakin thought he was ready to leave, he broke down and said, "I can't do it, mom. I just can't do it."

To which Shmi said, "Now be strong. And don't look back. Don't look back..."

2 comments:

C said...

I like the analogie you made /w Star Wars :)

LayKoon said...

Congratulations!! Finally you can change to ATG group. What's a surprise? :D