Friday, December 24, 2010

"The Wedding Part 4: Finale"

Wow! Must be surprised to see this post I bet :D This Dec 26 will be the First Anniversary of our wedding so fittingly, this is the conclusion to the Wedding post, started one whole year ago.

After the dinner session, we stayed back at the restaurant to settle the bill. The amount collected from the ang pow was enough to cover the bill, the liquor and the services of the Video and Cameraman. All tired and relieved after the very long day, all we could think of was to lie down in bed and sleep! Ah, but there was another surprise to be had...

Wife was the first one to enter our house. Suddenly she shouted "Why your room is so messy?!!" Ok, I'm not exactly the tidiest person around, but I didn't think I left it in a mess... but when I saw it, there was this sinking feeling that the night was going to get a whole lot longer-- our house had just been burgled! Our clothes, bag and stuff were thrown all over the place. Same in the other rooms, but the main target was my room. I saw my wallet which had RM600, on the bed, emptied. My old Sony camera which I had intended to give to Sis, was also missing. Even my old perfume was gone. Fortunately, VERY fortunately, I decided to bring my Wedding ring to the dinner.

We went around searching what was taken; both my brother and sister's laptops were gone, the Guess watch which I bought for my mum from US was gone, her handphone was gone, some ang pow which relatives gave when they came to my house before the dinner was gone. Come to think of it, luckily I brought my company laptop to the restaurant to play the Wedding DVD. We estimated the total losses to be about RM20k.

My Bro and I went to the police station to make a report. The best thing was that the police officer said that we were the 4th house to be robbed that night. Must be a syndicate going around targeting people's houses during weddings because they know no one will be around. Even neighbours. I messaged a few of the Gang to tell them the news. What a way to end the night... in the police station! The police came over an hour or so later to take pictures and try to find fingerprints. Apparently, the robbers came in from my kitchen window and left by the door. Amazing.

I was so dead-beat tired that I just lied down and slept on my mom's bed. The next day, my relatives came over and we all got a little paranoid staying in the house. Would the thief strike again? After this incident, Mom installed a metal grill to protect the kitchen window. She was pretty upset about the watch. Well, material things can be bought again. Most importantly, no one was hurt.

Ok, that's it! Despite that minor blip, I will always look back fondly to 26 Dec 2009. Thanks to all my family and friends for making it the happiest day of my life! ^_^

P.S. Darn, I gotta get the Video edited and uploaded-- lets hope it doesn't take another year to do that! :P

2 comments:

Eric said...

It started last year, and it ended this year, the post...one whole year..haha..Though there is a blip in the end, but it is still the happiest day of your life, and we are glad to be a part of it.

Leopard said...

Yeah... it was so fun, now we anxiously await whoever's getting married next! :D