Monday, October 27, 2008

"Robotech!"

My new hobby~~! Ever since rewatching the Robotech series last year, I always wanted the Valkyrie fighter.... but Yamato's 1:48 scaled model cost RM6xx and the 1:60 model costs RM4xx, way too expensive to collect alongside the ever present Star Wars. But last week stumbled upon the Ban Dai's build-it-yourself model kit, cost only RM99.90. Oh, what the heck, buy some UHU super-glue, get the blade sharpened... and start assembling!

DSC07936
Fighter mode
DSC07942
Guardian mode
DSC07945
Battroid mode
DSC07951
And posing with the box!

At this point, it's pretty obvious something is missing with the model: NO COLOUR!! Yes, some more I didn't know how to use the decals provided (thought they were some stickers or something, but not!)... so have to paint it... :-S Sorry la, not really into painting...! But assembling the model from scratch was pretty fun. I spent 2 days to finish it, with glue all over my hands and several 'accidents'!

Sooo... yesterday went to buy the other one I was interested in...

DSC07954
The SDF-1!
DSC07955

This one cannot transform, and it's a 1:8000 scale, so it was pretty small and far easier to assemble! Hurray..... and only RM29.90 :P

But I also saw the Yamato's 1:60 model, fully transformable, painted, and inclusive of the Super Strike Parts selling for RM468. Hmm........... should I?:D