Friday, October 26, 2007

"My first case"

Remember back here,
http://jediwalker-leopard.blogspot.com/2007/10/very-productive-weekend.html

I mentioned that I was missing a whole 9 pieces of the latest Star Wars figures? Well, my good fellow SW collector, Ken went thru his contact list and found me one...

ONE CASE.

Whoa... a case is how the figures actually arrive to stores. Ken & co are hardcore SW collectors. They don't go hunting. They MAKE SURE they get all their stuff!

Lets see what we have here :P
DSC01653
DSC01665

Ordering a case by itself is the highest guarantee that you get what you want. The cost is *slightly* below retail suggested price (RSP). This case cost RM405, coming up to about RM33.75 per figure (compared to RSP of RM33.90). Yeah, jz tat few cents!

DSC01660
Ok, it's Wave 5 Revision 1

We have...
DSC01672
C-3PO & Salacious Crumb, Yoda & Kybuck, Roron Corobb
DSC01673
Anakin Skywalker, Darth Revan, Darth Malak
DSC01684
Pre-Cyborg Grievous, Hermi Odle, Concept Starkiller Hero

So what's left in the case? Actually, some lame repeats like
DSC01694
Death Star Trooper, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Concept Darth Vader

Damn lame man... I'm trying to sell these off in eBay with no luck so far.. That's the problem with buying in cases! (I have a suspicion that my case has been tampered with, the Wave5 Revision 1 that I saw in US sites have Stormtroopers instead of Obi-I-got-so-damn-many-Wan!)

Ken also helped me complete my set (and help himself get rid of excess stock!) by selling me these:
DSC01690
Concept Stormtrooper, M'iiyoom Onith and an old '06 Clone Sergeant!

Anyway, here's the status update on the Coin Album so far!
DSC01698
#1-#42 ! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
DSC01701
There are 60 figures in this year's 30th Anniversary Collection. Not very far now!

Hopefully this will be the first time I complete the entire set! ('05 Revenge of the Sith was closest, I had 64/68! '06 one was pretty poor, I missed out more than 1/3)

Ok, these were actually last month's stock. What's for this month? :D

No comments: