Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Happy 2010!"

I haven't gotten all the photos for my wedding yet, so lets talk about the 2010 countdown first! We actually came back to Penang on 29 Dec. Wife (cannot call Gf dy :S ) had to attend a teacher's seminar on 30 Dec in Permatang Pasir. And there, she got the letter stating she would be posted to a primary school in Penang. Hurray, so now she's back here (and I don't have to eat alone) dy!

On 31 Dec, the school principal asked her to go to school for awhile. "Awhile" my @$$! I waited outside for more than 2 hours!! Got rather hungry while waiting so I went looking for food. Ended up at Lorong Selamat, and there was THAT Char Kuey Teow (CKT). Yeah, the most notorious one. I always wonder what's so special about it that they can charge exorbitant prices and yet people still keep going. Twice I wanted to try but it was always full. Now it was almost closing at 6PM and there was only 1-2 tables occupied. OMG.. this is my chance!

IMG_7754

You can't miss her with her signature red beret.

After 5 minutes, my plate arrived. RM6.50!!!

IMG_7750
IMG_7751

3 huge prawns. Was it worth all the hype about being the best CKT in Penang?? One bite... then another... mmm.... yeah, I can safely say that it is the best CKT that *I* have tasted! A tad too oily maybe, but there's no doubting the intricate flavours blended inside. It *is* different. Really glad that on the last day of 2009, I was able to try it. Haha...

I tah-pau one pack for Wife and she liked it too. It was getting rather late when the principal finally let her go. She wanted to see her idol, Taiwanese duo of Power Station who were going to perform at Queensbay for the 2010 countdown. There was a massive amount of cars when we got there. But as we moved closer, the path to the carpark was actually clear! Hurray~~ the Force is really with us!

IMG_7758

Nice lighting at QB's entrance

We had our dinner/supper at Sakae Sushi while waiting for Power Station to show up. They are the biggest act, so should be the last to appear :P The mood in QB was fantastic. It was like, hey everyone, it's the last day of 2009, lets party, sale, sale, additional 10% sale, let everything go! Even Sakae opened late, with no clear closing time. We were still eating at 10.45PM!

IMG_7760

It was still early by the time we went to the concert area at the open carpark. Another artist was still singing. I don't listen to Chinese music much, so not sure who he was. But the crowd loved him~~

IMG_7787

And what a crowd. The organisers estimated 40,000 people would be attending. Looking at this sea of people, I don't doubt it!

Everyone was screaming mad when Power station appeared~~



IMG_7774
IMG_7782
IMG_7784

After a few songs, it was time for the countdown.. all the artists that night came out..

IMG_7789

.. and countdown then fireworks!



Boasted as a 5-minutes showcase of fireworks playing to musical themes... well, it's ok la.. not too special :P

After that, Power Station continued to belt out their songs, but we went straight to the carpark to beat the jam. Nah... where got so lucky all the time. Got stuck in the carpark for nearly an hour, reach home almost 1.30AM dy. Next day just stay home :D

Ok la, wishing everyone a Happy 2010!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

char koay teow raise price liao ar.. I think 2 years back was RM5.50 only.. :P

shirley said...

I want to try that CKT......... :)

Leopard said...

Amanda, Duno can reduce price if dun wan the prawns :P

cher2... come2, bring mummy along :D

Matthew said...

What school was your wife posted to? :)