Friday, February 6, 2009

"CNY 2009!"

Ok, I'm late for my Chinese New Year post. Came back on Sunday, work on Monday, gosh feel damn BLUE, then sore throat some more... :-S Anyways, we got a long weekend this week for Thaipusam.. hurray!

1) First day of CNY, went for vegetarian as always, then visit Sab's & Adrienne's open house...

IMG_5505

Anand making an unexpected appearance at Sab's house! We all thought he flew to UK already... kena tahan kat imigresen kut.... :P

IMG_5518

All the grabbing, groping action :-S

2) Ah and how can we miss out Karaoke sessions @ Dreambox!

IMG_5541
IMG_5538

And a new nice song I learned from the guys:



Amy Search ~ Tiada Lagi. Yeah, always the sad love songs..~~

In fact, I went there twice, the other time with Gf and her sisters. Pretty neat place and conveniently located inside Dataran Pahlawan.

3) CNY dinner with family. Mum asked me to call Gf's mum as well.. Bonding session I guess!

cny1
Yee sang, tofu (weird, with dried chillis?!)
cny2
Yam ring (mmm...), Oh-chien
cny3
Fish (mmm...), kailan (sweet sauce :-S)

Oh, what's this.. more?!
cny4
Duck, sotong.

We definitely over ordered! Only 7 of us, but the dishes were meant for 10 ppl. The servings in Melaka are generally pretty big~~

The shop is called Madam Fatso.. wow, got H/P num some more.. free advertising for them

cny5

4) Then it's Arena time!

IMG_5578
IMG_5611
IMG_5606
IMG_5591
IMG_5582

Had a little bit too much drink that night. Head spinning like crazy, ears throbbing... In fact, everyone's face looked red ....

IMG_5612

...but I'm still not *this* high :P:P:P Haha.. sorry dudes, just had to put this pic in!

5) Dinner with the gang, also at Madam Fatso's (Mum's fren mar...)

IMG_5660

Waited like for 1.5 hours for the food, well, it is CNY........... -_-'' Melaka during CNY is really packed with people. Tourists, families, friends, anyone-- it's like THE place to be! Must be the food. People really love food. Especially the Melaka favourites like chicken rice balls, Nyonya food and satay celup. I even saw people queuing up on the streets for satay celup hours before the stall even opened!

Coming up next: The ROM (Registration of Marriage)! Cool acronym, I learnt it from XM ;)

2 comments:

Eric said...

I thought u oredi learnt that song when we went K-ok on last year CNY eve? I remember well cause I got a summon on that nite itself for parking on yellow line outside Red Square. Actually this year, I thought I am not gonna sing it, but because of kurap no.1 aka Annie forced me to berduet with her.

Leopard said...

Hahah... icic... I got a ticket also during one of the CNYs :(