Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"Pain... terrible pain!"

Finally gave up and went to see the dentist on Monday morning. For the past few days I had been feeling pains in the gums. A quick check at the mirror and I saw (to my horror) that the lower right wisdom tooth was growing... and it seems there was not enough place for it to fully grow!

I had a similar problem back in '02 with my lower left wisdom tooth... The tooth caused heavy swelling on the gums, until a point where it was very painful to even swallow anything. And then there are bouts of fever and headaches.

The solution -- surgery! Oh shit... The last surgery was a total nightmare. First they inject the anaesthetic into your gum.. yes, ur gums! Then they used a knife to cut open the gums and use a pliers to pull out the tooth. Not very fun, that's for sure.

This time, this doctor said, "Dun worry, my techniques is different.. no cutting. it's called elevation. Now relax..." Yeah, right... no pain, huh.. Well, it was true.. No pain, after injecting the anaesthatic, u feel numb alrdy. But the pliers where still present :'( I dare not open my eyes then, but after awhile, she showed me the tooth. Hey, that wasn't so bad! Elevation technique, eh.

However, after the extraction, the bacteria and germs in that area flared up, so I was knocked out with fever for the next few days... sigh... My gf said so nice, get to sleep at home. For me, I'd rather go to the office anytime!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisdom_tooth

3 comments:

PS Lee said...

eerrmmm..........sleep at home la. become workolic alr. haih~~~ u still got many yrs to work.

i know office dun have lenglui but free internet. no need come to office to surf. surf at home la.

Leopard said...

Haha...I sleep until i got back pain already ler..:P

Office no leng lui? Then i go office to see leng chai mer??:-S

Ravi Raiya said...

wisdom teeth gives you many problem if it doesnt comes out properly. so it is better to removal of wisdom teeth. there is a little surgery that will be done with in 2 hours.