Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Chit chat"

The blog stories are moving rather slow as can be seen from the posting dates. Things got rather hectic after the holidays. Need the motivation to write, but there's so many things going on at once...

Gf got the offer for the KPLI (Kursus Perguruan Lepas Ijazah) and is now in studying in Seremban. On Monday sent her to Seremban from Melaka. Man, Seremban is one big mess with the one way streets. Maybe need some getting used to, but we got lost for quite while trying to find the institut perguruan! And the place sucked big time. Poor condition, hostel also crappy. Well, sort of expected la. For me at least. She was already having second thoughts about studying there after seeing the place! Another thing is the sloppyness of the workers there. The queue in the registration hall for girl candidates was so long and yet they only allocate 1 person there. I wasn't allowed into the hall anyways, so I slept in the car!

After lunch, I continued my journey back to Penang. Driving alone sucks. I almost got into an accident though. After the tunnel in Ipoh is the most dangerous stretch of the entire North South Highway: the winding downhill slope. And it was raining like mad. As I was overtaking a lorry, this stubborn Waja followed me very very closely. We call it 'cucuk' la. I was driving at the speed limit already (80km/h) and visibility was poor, some more I was overtaking this slow moving lorry. Come on la, no need to cucuk me. Ok la, you wanna speed, the risk it yours. As I move to the side, downhill, the Waja sped away... and right in front was a pool of water....

The Waja totally lost control of his car. He rammed the side railing (the gorge side) and then awkwardly rammed the middle divider. And the cars behind were fast approaching! I was in the slow lane but the cars behind, in wanting to avoid hitting him, swerved to my lane!! Omg, luckily I went more to the emergency lane so that they got more space! The Waja seemed stunned and moved to the side. I guess he was safe, but so often, there is such a thin line between safe and fatal accident. Hopefully he will really look into this incident and think about driving so recklessly again...

Back at Modo. Work sucks. It's been sucky for quite some time now, just that the holidays and vacation took my mind of it. Seems to have lost the motivation and passion for work. Maybe it's the blatant favouritism. Maybe it's the lack of recognition. Maybe it's the aimless project direction. I think it's the favouritism. When someone who's not doing real work and scamming around gets so lavishly praised as if he's the saviour of the world, then it's really demotivating. Well, such is the political game in this group. The team doesn't feel like a team. Time and effort is spent in tactical maneuver to protect your interest. Crap, what a whole load of crap. Sigh...

Buuut, we can't quit yet. The economy is gloomy. Recession hangs like a dark cloud over us. Also... this year, I'm finally getting MARRIED. Haha... about time eh? Well, I did say "Next year, next year" and now this is THAT year. No more delaying :-S Anyways, we already submitted the forms for registration and if all goes well, Feb 1st will be the registration ceremony. Cool, except that I haven't got the ring yet. Hah! Omg, so many things happening at once it makes me feel headache thinking about it. Anyway, it's not so much of a surprise thing. We've been together like 8 years already I think. See, I can't even remember. Thankfully she doesn't read this blog! :P Oh ya, and the actual ceremony will be in Melaka, either Nov/Dec. Lay Koon was telling me why not have one in Penang since many frens and colleagues are there. Good idea I think. We'll see...

Ok, that's all from me. Next up should be Day 1 of Langkawi trip. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

hey.. Congrats on ur marriage. :D

long story of bad moon thingy, at least got a good news at the end.

working life is like that, rarely have assignment that suit our interest. We need to have income, so, work harder lo.

Sharon said...

WOWOWOWOWOW
finally getting married!
CONGRATULATIONSSSSSS
how come no ring but get married one? :P she never ask u to propose? hehe

Anonymous said...

Congrats Leopard. FINALLY!!!

Leopard said...

Haha, thanks, thanks :D

Amanda,
Too much politicking here, not much work going on :-S

twosuperheroes,
Hopefully he will turn over a new leaf after this incident....

Sharon,
Heh... relaz la~~ :P