Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Gastroscopy!"

On Monday, had light breakfast at 10AM while watching replay of World Cup final. Then felt full for the whole day. (No, not because upset that Holland lost!) Later at 4PM, ate some noodles, and trouble began :D At night stomach was bloated, woke up at 2AM, vomitted, then later diarrhea. It sounds like typical food poisoning, but then the other symptoms which I had for some time now made me worried (i.e. loss of appetite, abdominal pain, chest tightness).

Tuesday morning felt much better dy, but went to see the doctor anyways. "Ah, these are symtoms of gastritis. We need to get you admitted and run a series of tests. ECG, Ultra-sound, and Gastroscopy." Oh dear... Gastroscopy is basically putting a tube from your mouth to view the stomach wall @_@

Here's an animation of how it is carried out:



They put you on sedatives to help you relax. I can't remember anything from the whole procedure, except at certain stage, I was practically chocking upon feeling the tube at the back of my throat. Then unconscious for the next couple of hours!

Later, doctor came back with the results, confirmed is gastritis. He wants to keep me in for another day to observe if the medicine is effective. Hehe.. although I'm officially "admitted", but most of the time, I'm at home on ward leave! Next trip to hospital is at 2PM...

3 comments:

Eric said...

I had a bad gastric some time during my part time working days in Parkson. Eating at odd hours, causing no appetite and then dragged to work for 6 hours without break. Can you imagine eating lunch at 2pm and then have to go dinner at 4pm? Anyway, it was long time story..I was so thin back then and ppl thought I looked like drug addict:P I have learnt that no matter how busy you are, try to find time to eat, eat on time. Our body has a biological clock that produces gastric acid at predetermined time. Besides that, the amount of food you consumed each time also a factor, not one day over eat, the other too little. Take care leopard. You are born to hunt, not hunt for toys, but for food, okie? :)

shirley said...

sigh.. patutlah so thin. But gastritis quite common. Just makan on time lah, then don't eat so much that kind of trigger food. Try to eat in more. :(

Leopard said...

eric,
yeah, we kena buli la... ok, focus more on food now.. less toys d.. from now on u shd see more food posts in this blog :D

shirley,
luckily now better d.. appetite for food has returned!! :D