Saturday, August 15, 2009

"VF100's VF-25F Armored Messiah Alto Custom!"

Macross Frontier is filled with memorable characters with a superb storyline and remains one of my favorite. The hero, Alto Saotome starts off as a talented pilot, but throughout the show his skills improve considerably and in 2 instances, he is issued permission to use the Armored Messiah; one to rescue Ranka and the other in the epic finale. You can bet I will add this into my collection ;)

There are 3 versions of Alto's Armored Messiah available: the 1/60, 1/72 and 1/100. I'm waiting for Ozma's 1/60 Armored Messiah.. and recall my complaint that the 1/72 model kit turns flimsy after a few transformation, so when I saw the 1/100 figure, just grab it!

Fighter

DSC08676
DSC08671
DSC08673

Gerwalk

DSC08728

Battroid

DSC08687
DSC08689

The Armored Messiah carries a ton of missiles!

DSC08699
DSC08697
DSC08702

The 1/100 line belongs to the VF100's series from Bandai

DSC08706
DSC08712

The VF100's line will cover all of the Macross series, as indicated by this diagram on the box

DSC08710

Macross Zero, Macross, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Frontier and Macross II. Sweet!

Inside the box

DSC08715
DSC08716

The VF100's series is a part-forming figure; meaning to transform it, you have to take out certain parts and use other connectors etc. The first VF100's suffered from requiring too many part-swapping to transform. Bandai listened and this time, they made improvements: this Armored Messiah has much less part-swapping and is fun to handle!

This costs RM280 and I got it from the shop @ QB.

4 comments:

cjshiu said...

Hi, thanks for sharing. Just want to know if the armor is detachable? It seems to me it's un-detachable. Thanks!

Leopard said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by. You are right, the armor is not detachable.. only the missile bay, laser, radar dome are removable.

Anonymous said...

Hi leopard, I just bought the same vf100 armored messiah as yours. can you teach me how to transform it like you did with yours please. Im afraid to tinker with it cause i dont want to experiment with it or break it. please kindly reply.

Leopard said...

boggsy,
I don't recall any safety tips for the VF100. Just follow the manual, it's pretty straight forward. In my case, I ignored several really small pieces during transformation (like the antenna in fighter mode) to save myself some heartache! :P But it didnt really affect the overall look, so I can live with it :)